Although Wedding Photography is, and likely always will be our biggest focus—we’ve come to find that we are at the core life photographers.
Weddings are so full of meaning and emotion because family is the biggest thing. We love people. We love story. In all it's forms and phases.
“Which photographer should we hire? Can we afford professional photos? Will the kids cooperate for the photographer? Will it feel awkward?” – these are just some of the questions that we know go through your head when you think about updating your family’s photos. It’s a lot. And at the end of the day what you really want is to capture you and your family in this season, as you are now, in a joyful and stress-free way. This is why I’m so drawn to the idea of hiring a lifetime photographer.
One photographer that you love, forever. Of course, we’d love for that to be us, but that’s actually not why we’re writing this. We want you to see the benefit of a lifetime photographer so that no matter who you choose to document your family’s journey, you end up with photos that you love year after year, without a huge stressful process every time.
Here’s why we think having a photographer for life is best:
1. It takes away the nerves. It’s a lot easier to be photographed when you know the person behind the lens, when there’s free-flowing conversation and catching up on life and normal talk. It’s not awkward… it’s comfortable. And I can’t tell you how much being comfortable in front of the camera shows in the images!
2. It relieves anxiety for the kids. It helps to be able to say, “Remember Mrs. Elizabeth and how she played tag with you around the park? She’s going to hang out with us again!” The doing something different nerves don’t last long when there’s a history there.
3. It helps with the financial investment. When you know you have a standing appointment with your photographer every summer, you can plan accordingly in your budget as far in advance as you feel is necessary.
4. It provides consistency: good photos that you love, year after year that aesthetically look the same when displaying them in your home. Whether it’s your wedding or your family in a field at sunset, or and an everyday at home shoot or a newborn session—they’ll have a cohesive feel in a style you love! No worries on your end whether or not you’ll get what you’re paying for or if the images will look consistent hanging next to each other.
5. It’s fun! I love seeing your kids grow year after year, and I can’t reiterate how much I love the relationships built and friendships formed.